As technology allows easier connection with our work, family, friends, and the world, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed in an era of 24/7/365 connection.
All of this constant connection can leave us feeling exhausted. The pace of media consumption and time spent in front of a screen is unsustainable.
Often, advice on how to use digital technology to avoid the sensation of “drinking from the firehose” is offered as a list of simple do’s and don’ts. However, this type of one-size-fits-all advice is rarely helpful. While tips such as “just check your email twice a day” may sound good, they may not be practical given your work demands.
This one-hour webinar is designed to offer frameworks for understanding your current digital technology use and helping you come up with a plan that will work for you.
We’ll combine two different modalities:
- Design Thinking: a set of tools used to understand a challenge, come up with prototypes or potential solutions, and repeatedly test and improve them.
- Mindfulness: using present sense awareness while exploring the challenge through the lens of curiosity rather than judgement and limiting set beliefs.
At the end of this workshop, you’ll:
- Understand the basics of design thinking and how you can apply it to better recognize your current patterns of digital technology use
- Come up with prototypes/solutions that you can test in your own life
- Gain a foundational understanding of mindfulness and cultivate a daily meditation practice so you can pause, reflect and align what you do with your values